Inspiration

Jun 7, 2010

he'd be a free man today

Suggested by @runaway_tweets! You can follow her here!

Thunder rolls outside
perhaps my pounding headache?
side affect of emotional build up I'm sure
Rain cascades down
or are those my tears?
Sadness leads to the confusion
I'm feeling
so much to be said
and no one to say it to
Lost
Alone
Guilty
ashamed of decisions
in my past
I suppose Hell has an open seat
for me
and if I'm lucky
a bucket of popcorn
he'd be a free man today
the best man I've known
would have been free today
If it weren't for my selfishness
and my fear
What a nightmare this has been
He wasn't innocent either
he was the best man I've known
admitting his sins
and taking the blame for mine.
People have suffered
and now
regret surrounds all I do
he'd be a free man today
but instead I'm alone

3 comments:

  1. beautiful. well done. i love your project and your writing. more please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! I'm always a bit nervous when I hit the post button! I appreciate your encouragement!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete