Inspiration

Jun 16, 2010

Fathers Day pt 3

I hear him talking
but I don't understand
The baby kicks
making this confusing fog heavy
too heavy
The world is spinning and
I hear him talking
but I don't understand
He's leaving me
He's leaving me?
for her?
but the baby's kicking
our baby is kicking
His baby that is in my uterus
is kicking
Have the last four years meant nothing?
I thought we were in love
I gasp for air
hoping that helps the confusion
the confusion
has created a haze around me so
I can hear him talking
but I don't understand
We're having a baby
and he's moving out?
He's moving in with her?
but we've spent 4 years together!
and we're having a baby!
We're making our family!
Someone is screaming
"I hate you, I hate you"
over and over and
when I realize it's me
I give in to the pain
and collapse
the baby is still kicking
our baby is still kicking?
My baby is still kicking
so as i sob uncontrollably
I hold my 8 month pregnant belly
and somehow calm him down
so I can let the denial I've been living in
disappear

2 comments: