Inspiration

Jun 4, 2010

look to the clouds for inspiration

Guest writer!!! @andygirl. You can follow her here.


feeling dead
not dead exactly
void
void of feeling
of life
of spark
of emotion
any emotion will do
the lack consumes me
eats away at the empty space
gnawing
feeling naught but a strange hunger

I lie here
fully awake
waiting for life to find me
searching tentatively
with an inch of my soul
not moving my heart
it waits to beat
encased safely in its box

Then
then
I feel a slight breeze
wafting brazen comfort across my face
brazen with hope
I had forgotten
and like that she is gone
hope
fickle as she is
yet my core is teased
for the first time I open my eyes
and see
the world has changed above me
shifted
rearranged by the wind
beautiful though slight

moved
something bubbles up
gushing from somewhere I’d left behind
powerful
what but emotion
emotions, all
suddenly pregnant with feeling
sobbing with all I have
tears flood my face
and then the ground beneath me
each drop contains a portion
of my essence
anger, joy, passion, sorrow
passion
passion clings to my skin
seizes my being
pulls my heart out of its cage
pumping it with life

I look up yet again
wiping the wet from my cheeks
and I feel

No comments:

Post a Comment