Inspiration

Jul 8, 2010

Poetry Bloghop!!

When I stumbled upon this poetry bloghop, I was so freakin excited! New chance for poetry!! yay! For those of you who follow my blog, you know I love me some poetry! (and for those of you don't follow my blog, shame on you)

I hope you enjoy!
(after you're done following my blog, you can follow me on twitter @LizzyDanger)

I am from laundry soap
from milk and honey
I am from the love
that sweetens all who are around it
I am from the daisies
The beautifully cheery tulips
whose long gone limbs I remember
as if they were my own.

I’m from prayer and hugs
from my mother and my grandmother
I’m from fireworks and Sunday breakfast
and from snuggles in bed.
I’m from use your manners and goodnight, I love you
and Families are Together Forever
I’m from weekend barbeque's in the park

I’m proudly from a place where hockey is a religion and from the land of Oktoberfest
Banana chocolate chip pancakes and carrot dish
From the time my sister hung off my shirt for 'fun'
and I threw her,
into the closet door, slicing her head open
to the collection of music my father took from my room
during the days before we left him

In a box, in the back of my closet
are the things I keep closely to my heart
pictures of newborns, teenage reminders, a collection of fashion inspiration
books to be read, and books that are cherished
journals from an angrier version of myself
I am from those moments
satisfying memories, and imperfect memories
have shaped my individuality
They are where I am from


6 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful poem. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! And even though it's more about being sentimental and mushy, it was nice to have that tone shift in the middle about throwing your sister into the closet door. Wait! Was that supposed to be humor? I just think when we are older and look back at things like that, you can't help but chuckle. Love that you participated! And don't forget to get back to blog and get the link up code for the bottom of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks!! and yup, i actually threw her into the door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the way everyone took the end of the poem and shaped it their own way! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete