Inspiration

Jul 14, 2010

A day in poetry

As I was laying in bed this morning, I thought it'd be cool to narrate the day with poetry. Haiku's and Cinquain's and what not. I really have no idea how this is going to turn out! Enjoy! xoxo

1)
Morning
Snuggly stretches
Coffee flavored sunshine
A fresh start begins
Daylight

2)
Time for breakfast
the kiddo's are hungry
and mommy's still tired
so bring on the coffee

The kids are loud
and the coffee is hot
and the baby's face
is covered in snot

Clean up the mess
Feed the kids
Cut up bananas
find cups with lids

Dishes and laundry
are calling your name
Doing all that on your day off
seems lame

Plug in a movie
for those babies of yours
Sit at the computer
and ignore all the chores

Waste a bunch of time
twittering away
In all honesty
that happens everyday

3)
Naptime for baby
Time for mommy to relax
Find extra patience

4)
Giggles and gossip
Younger version of myself
Her love doesn't judge
Big Sis and Lil Sis, best friends
Matching tattoos say it all

5)
Dear weight I have gained since quitting smoking
I deeply hate you and wish you'd disappear
Your presence on my body angers me

6)
Long day of awaiting your return
Obvious affection in our smiles
Vibrantly attracted to you
Elated to be in your arms

7)
Bedtime
Singing Angels
Jammies and Stories
Happy enough to sing
Silence

8)
the day has been done
and love has been shared
hugs given
and laughter for all
blessings are counted
as there was a time
where not all was so swell
times were harder
and laughter spare
blissful to enjoy
better days

9)
Beer
Golden Excellence
Foam is bad
Feels good going down
Brewski


10)
Moonlight is shining
Magnificent in beauty
Goodnight my sweet world

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Minus the matching tattoos, that's about my day to a T...oh, and mine lacks that pleasing rhythm. #9 is my favorite. In real life, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, loved this, wishing you #8's blessings and bliss forever!!

    ~Sweet Merciful Crap ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally L'dOL. This is is a fun idea...try it more often!

    Clicked poetry link
    Scanned countless pretty poems
    Felt the soul sparkling.

    ReplyDelete