Inspiration

May 28, 2010

Opportunity arises when least expected

My second guest writer! woohoo!! This one was written by my twitter buddy, @jgquinton. The poem I wrote with his suggestion can be found here.

High Art
When will you become the one
Who turns night into day
A soft spot in a song
That rings true to the bitter end
Hopeful and mindful
The past is full of memories
Dragged around for miles
An ending on its own
Words too deep to matter
Deemed high art by those who care
Luscious greens and spoken words
Tossed around the air
Yet again this unfolding of feelings
Strips me down to a shell
Words often too predictable
With rhymes killing the meaning
And here I am blaming you
The tragedy of expectation
Opportunity arises when least expected
I’m not the one to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment