Inspiration

May 27, 2010

'blood stains reminds me of happier days'

For those of you following my beloved #poetryproject on twitter(you can follow me here.) I decided to switch it up a bit, and send those interested in participating the line and have guest writers on here! I'm very excited!! I have a VERY busy weekend so I promise to do some writing when the weekend is over, and I have time to breathe.

My first guest is my friend, @CR4CK5T4R. You can read the poem I wrote with his suggestion here. I've very excited to have his creative work on my blog! Enjoy!


I am laying naked on the floor staring at the ceiling

The needle still in my arm does not numb the feeling

To have loved and lost, To have paid the cost

Now my own death is uncomfortably appealing


She was my only real connection with humanity

In my own pathetic isolated community

She held open the door, In truth she was a whore

She couldn't live without some form of immunity


I am not one who lives a life I would regret

For this reason I can never let myself forget

It will never last, They said 'cause of her past

She had sex with men for money when we met


After we had declared until death do us part

We received the news that broke her heart

The doctor news to give, The test was positive

And her short path to the grave was at it's start


Human immunodeficiency virus is the medical term

She couldn't live waiting to be killed by a germ

With my hunting knife, in the hand of my wife

She slit her wrist on this floor where blood stains confirm


If she was still here she would be giving me shit I'd bet

She would say, "Why haven't you cleaned the floor yet?"

I would try to explain, my reason incredibly mundane

I need these stains on the floor so I don't forget


I am standing now near a window and feel sun rays

Directly on my chest and my spirits finally raise

All that is left of the whore, Is the stains on the floor

That's why blood stains remind me of happier days

1 comment: