Inspiration

Jul 25, 2010

The cherry blossoms grew with pride

My twitter girly, @runaway_tweets, and I are writing a poem with the same line! This is the first time I've shared a line with someone and I'm excited to see how it'll turn out!

Here is hers.. (which, by the way, I LOVE)

Cherry Blossoms


I drove in the dark

You and your friends

Up the escalator summit

Coming out in the bright morning sun

The day the cherry blossoms grow with pride

Pride evident everywhere

Rainbows

Throngs of happy people

Triumphant

Signs bearing witness

“I’m a lesbian too”

“I love my gay son”

And when we reached “God hates fags”

You said, kiss me

Kiss me.


And here is mine..

The sun rises on a new day
Peace is felt throughout
The beauty is astounding
and the elegance takes your breath away
You have been waiting for this moment,
for their grace,
their delicate charm,
their polished artistry.
The cherry blossoms grew with pride
Unaware of all they represented
Love
Affection
The arrival of Spring
A glorious new day has arrived.
An untouched journey begins

If any of you would like to participate in my #poetryproject, (and I would love if you did!) let me know! For those of you who are new to it, if you'd like to write a poem, I'll send you a line to write with! or you can suggest a line for me to write a poem with! Or we can share a line! You can twitter me, or facebook me, or email me at poetryproject@live.ca! Join in on the fun!



2 comments:

  1. all right! i am shivery with excitement. that was kind of a rush. again! again!

    love, runaway_tweets

    ReplyDelete