Inspiration

Aug 5, 2010

old teacher legs

Its time for another poetry duet!! This one is also written by @runaway_tweets and myself!! You can read our first poetry duet here. She suggested the line this time, and it was a tricky one!!!

Here is the poem she wrote.

Sally


i still see her
my old teacher, legs bare
gauze skirt and clogs
a braid down her back

at the blackboard, tan arm raised
diagramming sentences
in her loopy script

i know the parts of speech
i make a fancy e
i write

when she arrived on my street
on the neighbor's motorcycle
tan arms
around his teenage chest

i closed my eyes
and turned away


and here is mine.


Rainbow

The babbling brook joins the trickling river
and the clouds float by with harmony
while wind rustles through the trees

Golden yellow dandelions
invade the lush greenery of your favorite field
while their musky scent swirls around you

The long branches of the Kentucky Coffee Tree
create dancing shadows under the hot sun
Reminding you of old teacher legs

Floating about you are thick billowy clouds
and as they release their refreshing moisture,
your favorite field is brightened with rainbows

6 comments:

  1. SO great, Ms. L! I love yours.

    This was really a hard one, I didn't realize how difficult it would be. But apparently we were both inspired in the end!

    Thanks for being my pardner in poetry.

    xo Marian aka runaway_tweets

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really tricky! I had to step away from my normal form of writing!! LOVE writing with you missy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun. I love how different they are! You took a very creative approach to the phrase. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make a wonderful duet! Looking forward to more!! love ya both xo

    ReplyDelete