Inspiration

Apr 16, 2011

October


Guest writer!!! This one comes from my twitter buddy @jgquinton


It was in early October
I remember a hint of cold breaching my jacket
Just enough to provoke a shiver. 
The doctor said 6 months...
I think 6 weeks would be optimistic. 
All the things that we built
All the things that will be lost
All for each other
All lost with me.
I stepped over the rail and kicked my shoes to the river below
The icy metal stinging my feet.
I always thought I would believe in God in the end.
He didn't come, I still didn't ask. 
The wind picked up.
I didn't notice. 
A soft voice in my ear, just a whisper.
"jump"
It took all my will to step away. 
Crawl back over the rail.
I thought of you, and me, and life.
and for a split second I thought of the approaching headlights...
the metal crushing my body wasn't a thought at all.
People would never know the real reason 
...why my shoes float down the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment