Inspiration

Mar 1, 2010

Happiness

10 years ago today, my mom left my dad. In remembrance of that day, here is a poem I wrote when I was 14, while they were fighting in the next room.

Happiness

I can't remember
what happiness feels like
The simplest things aren't enough
for a smile
I need to find an answer
to cure this pain and help me
remember
the crazy feeling titled Happiness
It's confusing
how I think, how I feel
Never knowing when I'll finally
break
When all my feelings, my thoughts
my inner being
will painfully slip away
What is happiness?
Always pretending
Why can't I feel it?
Instead I long for the moment
I lay in the dark
Sobbing, painfully waiting
to fall asleep
Hopeful of never waking

If I could escape this confusion
I'd know what happiness is

2 comments:

  1. i remember finding this in ur room at the townhouse(oops..i snooped!)and i read it. I loved it instantly cause 1)it's well written and 2) it's how I felt at the time when I read it. it helped me feel that i wasn't alone in how i was feeling and more than that, it wasn't some stranger feeling the same thing-it was my big sister. so thanks for helping me feel not so alone even if u didn't know it at the time.

    ReplyDelete